Saturday, October 8, 2011

New Anemone - Green with Pink Tip Bubble-Tip Anemone

I  visited an old acquaintance today, as I hadn't seen his tank for quite some time.  He had made a lot of changes over the years.  One of the changes was the addition of an extremely large sump that was plumbed in his basement.  The sump was an old lobster holding tank, and he had moved his two anemones there a few years ago.  Well, they split multiple times and now there are dozens in the tank.  This image displays just a small section of his tank.


He was gracious enough to give me one of the anemones.  I picked a small-medium sized anemone, as I didn't want it to be too large in my tank.  Some of his anemones are extremely large.  I also picked up two large cleaner shrimp from him.

Here is an image of the anemone once it was in my tank.  There's my yellow belly Hippo tang in the background!



It has moved around a few times, looking for a comfortable place.  I'm hoping my pair of orange clownfish find it soon and host.


1 comment:

  1. The lights in the tank the anemone came from weren't optimal for its coloration. It's been a few days now and I can already notice it turning green and the pink in its tips are becoming more vibrant.

    ReplyDelete